In Rescuing Harmony Ranch, Jocelyn teams up with her ex-boyfriend Mack—now a strapping blacksmith—to save her grandmother Molly’s living history museum. Later in the story, Molly serves her famous mac and cheese turkey sliders to Mack and a very important visitor. You can make these irresistible sandwiches for your own VIPs!
1. Combine heavy cream, queso blanco cheese and shredded Cheddar in a heavy saucepan; heat over low heat, stirring occasionally, until cheese is completely melted.
2. Meanwhile, cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and transfer to a large bowl.
3. Add warm cheese sauce to cooked macaroni and stir until blended. Cover and chill overnight or until completely chilled.
4. Using a small ice cream scoop or spoon, shape chilled mac & cheese into meatball-sized balls; press into pattie-shaped bites.
5. Dust each lightly with flour; shake excess. Dredge each in egg mixture; drain excess. Roll each in breadcrumbs; shake excess. (Mac & cheese bites can be made ahead and refrigerated up to this step.)
6. To prepare mac & cheese bites: heat oil in deep fryer or deep heavy saucepan to 350°F or until oil is shimmering. Working in several smaller batches, carefully add breaded bites to oil and deep fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until light golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining mac & cheese bites.
7. To prepare sliders: layer 1 slice turkey and 1 warm mac & cheese bite on bottom half of each slider roll; close each with top half of roll and press lightly to secure.