In The Beach Escape, Grant and Molly are alone at the sea turtle facility during a blackout caused by a huge storm. Since they both haven’t had a chance to eat, Grant fires up the grill and cooks up a dinner of shrimp with his super-secret sauce—that quickly turns romantic over candlelight. Our recipe for Tequila Lime Grilled Shrimp is so delicious, it’s no secret they’ll make any meal special.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Serves: 12
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 medium-size red onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2-pound large shrimp, tail-on, peeled and deveined
- Bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- Fresh lime wedges
- Combine tequila, lime juice, olive oil, red onion, garlic, cilantro, cumin and salt in a nonreactive stainless bowl or glass bowl and stir to blend.
- Add shrimp and marinate for 1 hour, stirring frequently.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and drain. Discard marinade.
- Thread 3 to 4 shrimp on each skewer. Grill over medium-high heat for 2 minutes on each side or until shrimp are opaque.
- Serve shrimp skewers with fresh lime wedges.