In Christmas Charms, it’s tradition for the James’ household to bake and deliver Christmas cookies to the firefighters. As a thank-you gift to her old flame Aidan for rescuing her, Ashley joins in on this tradition and tries to replicate her mother’s recipe with mixed results. These Spiced Walnut Crust Cookies with Chocolate Ganache and Sea Salt are so easy to make that even Ashley could make them successfully, and so good you’ll want to start your own holiday tradition of sharing them with your friends, family, and loved ones.
Prep Time: 30 mins.
Cook Time: 20 mins.
7 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup powdered sugar
¾ cup walnuts, finely ground, divided
¾ cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
½ teaspoon cloves, ground
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine butter and powdered sugar.
3. Mix with a wooden spoon until smooth or use an electric mixer with a paddle.
4. Add in 1/2 cup ground nuts.
5. Sift together flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt in a bowl.
6. Add to the dough. Mix until well blended.
7. Place dough on parchment paper and roll up.
8. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
9. Unwrap and roll into quarter sized balls, place on prepared baking sheet and bake 15 to 20 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and let cool.
11. Melt chocolate chips in microwave in 30 second intervals.
12. Top cooled cookies with chocolate, sea salt and remaining walnuts.