Spiced Pear Black Tea is designed to give you some comforting warmth. This tea pairs beautifully with fruitcake or a sugar cookie. Pairs perfectly with
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Cook Time: 15 mins.
Course: Beverage Cuisine: American
1 orange, peeled and juiced 3 cups pear nectar
2 cups water
2 cinnamon sticks, broken 1 teaspoon whole cloves
6 tea bags, black
2 tablespoons honey
Orange slices and or cinnamon sticks, garnish
1. Using a vegetable peeler, remove 3 wide strips of peel from the orange.
2. In the center of a double thick cheesecloth, place orange peel, cinnamon
sticks and cloves to make a spice bag.
3. Bring the corners together and tie with kitchen twine. Set aside
4. In a large saucepan, combine pear nectar, water and and orange juice, and
5. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and add the tea bags.
7. Cover and let steep for 5 minutes.
8. To serve, remove tea bags and spice bag, pour into mugs and garnish with
orange slices or cinnamon sticks.