In Once Upon a Royal Christmas, when Gracie first arrives in San Glacera, she bumps into an incognito Prince Nick while he’s out looking to get some of the town's famous Parisian-style hot chocolat chaud. Without knowing who the other is, Gracie and Nick open up to one another over delicious Belgian liege waffles and decadent warm cocoa.
Prep Time: 5 mins.
Cook Time: 3 mins.
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate (at least 60 percent cacao), chopped
4 ounces brandy (optional)
½ cup heavy cream
½ cup whole milk
1. In a small heavy saucepan, bring cream and milk to a simmer over medium-high heat.
2. Remove from heat and quickly add chocolate, stirring until melted and very smooth.
3. Return to medium-low heat and warm for 3 minutes or until a bubble or two form on the surface.
4. Pour the hot chocolate into espresso cups.
5. Serve immediately with a side of brandy or Kahlua--or the liqueur can be added to the hot chocolate.