In Christmas in Evergreen: Bells are Ringing, Hannah and Elliot join their Evergreen family to celebrate Christmas with a festive dinner. Before it’s time to sit down and eat, Hannah and Elliot reflect on the highs and lows of their relationship after a snow globe wish brought them together, as well as their love for Evergreen. The feast afterwards is the perfect way for them to spend time with the community they love. Included in the spread are the maple sweet potato gratins with ginger pecan streusel and you’re going to want to recreate them for yourself. They’re delicious and will be sure to impress any guests you have.
- Prep Time: 15 mins.
- Cook Time: 90 mins.
- Serves: 12
- 4 medium-large sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- As needed coarse-ground salt and black pepper
- 4 tablespoons flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons crystalized ginger, fine chopped
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Butter 12 small individual-sized baking dishes and reserve.
- Pierce sweet potatoes with a fork; transfer to baking sheet. Bake uncovered for about 60 to 90 minutes or until very tender.
- Slice cooked sweet potatoes in half; scoop out tender sweet potato and transfer to a food processor bowl fitted with a steel blade. Add butter and maple syrup; process until completely smooth. Add salt and black pepper; taste and adjust flavor.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Transfer whipped sweet potatoes to buttered baking dishes.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, pecans and ginger in small bowl; add melted butter and stir until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle evenly over the top of each baking dish.
- Arrange baking dishes on sheet pans; bake for 15 minutes or until streusel topping is lightly browned.