Guacamole Grilled Chicken Club
A Hallmark Original Recipe
Kate, the heroine of In Other Words, Love, has to work long hours to finish ghostwriting Trent’s memoir. To show his appreciation and support, he promises to bring her unlimited takeout from their favorite restaurant, Chick and Cheese. She especially loves their Guacamole Grilled Chicken Club sandwich. Our version is perfect for a busy day. Make it for yourself, or someone you love!
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Bake Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
· 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast filets (about 1 pound total)
· Salt and black pepper, to taste
· 4 Ciabatta rolls, sliced horizontally, buttered and toasted
· ¼ cup Chipotle mayonnaise, recipe below
· 4 green leaf lettuce leaves
· 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp
· 1 cup guacamole
· ¼ cup Cojita Mexican cheese, crumbled
· CHIPOTLE MAYONNAISE
· ¼ cup mayonnaise
· ½ teaspoon peppers in adobo, pureed
1. Preheat grill.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper and grill over medium for 5 to 8 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
3. Spread chipotle mayonnaise on bottom half of each roll and top with lettuce, chicken breast, bacon, guacamole and crumbled cheese.
4. Close each sandwich with top half of roll and serve.