In Wrapped Up in Christmas Joy, Cole experiences his first Thanksgiving in Pine Hill. While Sophie regrets not inviting Cole to dinner, Cole spends Thanksgiving with his fellow firefighters at the station…who also ask him if he’s sweet on Sophie. It’s a little uncomfortable, to say the least, but the taste of Grandma Ruby’s renowned cooking makes up for it. You can make Grandma Ruby’s Dilly Duchess Potatoes for yourself—it’s the perfect dish to share with your friends, family, and loved ones and it’s sure to have them coming back for seconds.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
4 large Russet potatoes, peeled, quartered
2 eggs, large, beaten
7 tablespoons butter, melted
1 ½ tablespoons dill, fresh, chopped
1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
½ cup or more of heavy cram (to get desired consistency)
1/3 cup butter melted
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a large saucepan, cook the potatoes in boiling water until fork tender, about 25 minutes.
3. Drain and place in a large mixing bowl to cool, about 20 minutes
4. Add in eggs, butter, dill, parsley, garlic powder, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese.
5. Blend well and add cream a little at a time until it is smooth. Taste for seasoning and adjust if needed.
6. Spoon the potato mixture into a pastry bag with a large star tip.
7. Pipe onto a baking sheet or sheets.
8. Melt remaining butter and drizzle on top.
9. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.