In Once Upon a Royal Summer, Lacey first meets Henry at a tea party for children at an amusement park. Lace’s playing a princess character…and she has no idea that Henry, a single dad with an adorable daughter, is a real-life prince! Our cucumber dill sandwiches are a tea party classic, and they’re so simple, you can make them any time you want to feel fancy.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
1 package (4 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
12 slices good quality thin sliced white bread, crusts removed with serrated knife, for best results
½ English (hothouse) seedless cucumber, thin-sliced into 48 slices
1. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and dill, lemon juice and stir to blend; season to taste with kosher salt and pepper.
2. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly on 12 slices of bread; arrange 6 of the cream cheese covered bread slices on flat work surface.
3. Top each with 6 cucumber slices; close with top halves of tea sandwiches and press lightly to close. Using a serrated knife carefully cut off crusts.
4. Diagonal slice each sandwich in half and arrange on a serving plate. Garnish with additional fresh dill sprigs, if desired.
5. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate to hold.