In Christmas in Evergreen: Tidings of Joy, the Meet and Mingle at Barbara’s County Inn is a chance for the Evergreen community to band together and spread holiday cheer and good will over friendly conversation and tasty hors d’oerves. Our Cranberry Crostinis are perfect for any holiday mingling that you have planned and they’re sure to impress any guests that come.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 10
- 1 baguette, cut on the bias into 1-inch slices
- Olive Oil, as needed
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 12 oz. fresh cranberries (can substitute frozen)
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon thyme, fresh, chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons prepared orange marmalade
- 8 oz. goat cheese, softened
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place baguette slices on a baking sheet, generously brush with olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Bake until lightly brown and crisp, about 15 minutes.
3. In a small sauce pan over medium heat, combine cranberries, sugar, vinegar, red pepper flakes, thyme, marmalade and a pinch of salt.
4. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
5. Reduce heat and continue cooking another 10 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
6. Let cool.
7. To assemble crostini: top each crostini with a smear of goat cheese and a dollop of cranberry marmalade.
8. Garnish with fresh thyme leaves and orange zest, if desired.