In Wedding in the Pines, Hope surprises Slater by making him a homemade dinner…including Chicken a la Rose, her late mother’s recipe. Over dinner, they both do their best to ignore the feelings they still have for one another. Make our Chicken a la Rose recipe any time you want a dinner that’s as easy as it is elegant.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 6 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 roses, petals, chemical free
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Sauté salt and peppered chicken breasts in a large skillet with 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat, about 5 minutes per side.
2. Remove to a serving platter and keep warm.
3. In the same skillet, sauté garlic in remaining butter and olive oil for about a minute.
4. Add almonds continue another 2 minutes.
5. Turn off heat or remove from stove top and stir in lemon juice to deglaze the pan and scrape up any brown bits.
6. Crush the rose petals to release aroma and natural oils, then gently stir in pan with honey and season with salt and pepper.