In An Amish Flower Farm, Belinda helps Adam with his honey business…and he’s amazed that no matter what she does, she never gets stung! Before long, this bee charmer is charming Adam, too. This cake is inspired by their sweet story. It’s the perfect size to share with anyone you love.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
⅓ cup milk, room temperature
½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 large eggs
¾ cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
½ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons honey
2 cups of flour
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Coat a 9x13 cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
3. In a medium bowl combine milk, butter and eggs.
4. Gradually add in sugar, flour and salt. Mixing well.
5. When batter is smooth, add 3 tablespoons honey and continue to mix.
6. Place the dough in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise for an hour.
7. Bake 25 to 30 minutes.
8. For the topping:
9. Combine 1 cup of almonds with ½ cup granulated sugar and 4 tablespoons honey, stirring well.
10. Apply to top of the cake in layers; you will lose some in the process but continue adding layers until you run out.