- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1.2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Sage, Rubbed
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Garlic Powder
- 5 cups dry unseasoned bread cubes
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Kitchen Basics Original Chicken Stock
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with no stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Cook and crumble sausage in medium skillet on medium heat until no longer pink. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and allow to drain. Melt butter in same skillet on medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes. Add celery and apple; cook and stir just until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in Sage and Garlic Powder; cook and stir about 1 minute or until fragrant.
3. Transfer onion mixture to large bowl. Add cooked sausage, bread cubes, and dried cranberries. Stir in eggs and stock until well mixed and stuffing is moistening. Spoon stuffing mixture into prepared muffin cups. Gently press stuffing into cups and form slightly mounded tops.
4. Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until golden. Cool 5 to 10 minutes in pan on wire rack. Run a knife or spatula around each cup to loosen stuffing muffins. Use a spoon to gently release muffins from the cups. Serve warm.