Holiday Recipes - Appetizers
- 1 pound skirt steak, chopped
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups Colby Jack cheese
- ½ tablespoon southwest seasoning
- Bag of Tortilla chips
- Bag of shredded iceberg lettuce
- 15 grape tomatoes, cut in half, lengthwise
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups half & half
- 1 cup Colby Jack
- 1 can Rotel (mild or hot, your preference), drained
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ avocado, mashed
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon dry dill
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic
- ¼ t pepper
Directions for Nachos
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F
2. Place peppers on a lined baking sheet and put seasoned steak on top. Bake for 25-20.
3. Let rest for 10 minutes. Shred with a fork and put in a medium bowl along with peppers.
4. Add cheese and southwest seasoning. Mix together.
5. On a lined large baking sheet, line pan with tortilla chips and top with half of mixture, repeat. Set aside.
Directions for Salad
1. Combine in a bowl. Set aside.
Directions for Cheese Sauce
1. Before you start sauce, place nachos in oven for 10 minutes while you make your sauce.
2. Add butter and flour to sauce pan on medium-high heat and make blonde roux. Gradually add half & half, constantly whisking. Sauce will thicken. Add cheese and seasoning. Mix together.
3. Add Rotel. Keep on low heat until ready to put on nachos.
Directions for Dressing
1. Mix 1st five ingredients until smooth with a hand mixer.
2. Add remaining ingredients and mix with a spoon.
Building the Nachos
1. Ladle cheese sauce over nachos and top with salad
2. Dress with ranch dressing
3. Serve immediately!