This holiday season be sure to include delicious Envy™ apples in your homemade recipes. Get inspired with our list of ideas to get you started! These delightful apples make the perfect addition to your holiday menu and can also be enjoyed as everyday snacks. Envy™ apples make every moment an extraordinary one.
CHRISTMAS ENVY™ CHARCUTERIE BOARD
2 Envy™ Apples
1. Slice Envy apples into wedges.
2. Arrange ingredients artfully on serving platter.
ENVY™ APPLE CRANBERRY SAUCE
2 Envy™ Apples
1 Cup Orange Juice
1 Cup Water
½ Cup Sugar
1. Grate 1 ½ Envy apples and set remaining half aside.
2. Combine orange juice, water, and sugar in medium sized saucepan.
3. Bring mixture to a boil.
4. Add Envy apples and cranberries.
5. Stir frequently until about half of the cranberries burst, about 15 minutes.
6. Remove from heat.
7. For an elegant plating, garnish cranberry sauce with thinly sliced Envy wedges.
ENVY™ APPLE WREATH SALAD
By: The Produce Moms @theproducemoms
Ingredients for the Salad:
10oz Baby Arugula
3 Envy™ Apples, sliced
9oz Goat cheese, crumbled
3oz Pomegranate arils
3oz Pecans, toasted
Ingredients for the Balsamic Dressing:
1 tablespoons Honey
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon fine Sea salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly crushed Black pepper finely ground
1 large Garlic clove minced
1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
1. In a small serving bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients with some salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
2. Place the dressing bowl in the center of a large board or platter. Arrange arugula around the dressing bowl in a wreath shape.
3. Place the Envy™ apple slices on top of the arugula.
4. Sprinkle on the goat cheese, pomegranate arils and pecans on top of the salad.
5. You can add dressing directly to the Envy™ Apple Wreath Salad, or you can leave it dry for your guests to add their own.
ENVY™ APPLE & CUSTARD SPONGE TRIFLE
6 Envy™ Apples
2 tablespoons Golden caster sugar or similar
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
½ Cup Water
1 tablespoon Cornflour + 2 tablespoons cold Water
2 Cups Vanilla bean custard
1 large plain Sponge cake
½ cup Caramel or Butterscotch sauce – reserve a little for garnish
½ cup Cream
Fresh sliced Apple and Strawberries & drizzle of Caramel sauce
1. Peel, core and dice apples and place in a large saucepan.
2. Add caster sugar, cinnamon, and water.
3. Simmer apples for 5-8 minutes until tender.
4. Combine the cornflour and water.
5. Stir the cornflour mixture into the apples stirring until the apples are syrupy.
6. Cut the sponge into 2cm diced pieces.
7. Arrange 1/3 of the sponge pieces in the base of your serving bowl.
8. Spoon over ½ of the cinnamon apple pieces including the syrupy juices.
9. Spread over ½ the custard and drizzle with ½ the caramel sauce.
10. Repeat steps 7, 8 and 9 finishing with the sponge cake, chill.
11. Whip cream and spoon dollops over the sponge cake to cover the top.
12. Garnish with fresh sliced apple and strawberries and drizzle with a little caramel sauce.
BELL-ISSIMO ENVY™ BRIE MELT
- 6-8oz Round Brie
- 2 Envy Apples
- ¼ Cup Walnuts
- ¼ Cup Dried Cranberries
- Firm Crackers
1. Unwrap brie and place on microwave safe dish.
2. Cut off top of brie rind and microwave for 60 seconds until middle is soft.
3. Slice Envy apples into thick wedges.
4. Top brie with half Envy apples, crushed walnuts, and dried cranberries.
5. Serve with firm crackers and remaining Envy apple wedges.
ENVY™ APPLE, VANILLA BEAN & MASCARPONE BAKED CHEESECAKE
200gms Vanilla Biscuits, crushed
120gms Butter, melted
½ teaspoon Cinnamon
250gms Cream Cheese
250 Sour Cream
1 Cup Caster Sugar
3 tablespoons Plain Flour
2 Envy™ Apples
1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean paste
1 tablespoon Lemon Zest
Pomegranate Seeds and Icing Sugar to garnish
1. Pre-heat the oven to 320 degrees F and line a 21cm spring form tin with baking paper.
2. Combine the crushed biscuits with the melted butter and cinnamon, mix well.
3. Press the cinnamon biscuit crumbs into the base of the lined tin, press with the back of a spoon, chill 10 minutes.
4. Place the cream cheese in the beater bowl and mix on medium speed until softened.
5. Add the mascarpone, sour cream, sugar, and flour, beat a further 2-3 minutes until smooth and lump free.
6. Add the eggs beating a little between each.
7. Core then slice the Envy™ apples thinly and toss with the vanilla bean paste and zest.
8. Pour half the cream cheese mix into the chilled biscuit base tin.
9. Arrange half the Envy™ apple slices over the mix.
10. Carefully pour the remaining mix over the layer of Envy™ apple slices.
11. Arrange the remaining Envy™ apple slices over the top.
12. Bake for 1- 1 ¼ hours or until the filling is just set and wobbles a little when you gently shake the pan.
13. Turn off the oven and leave the oven door ajar so the cheesecake can cool down gently for about 30 minutes then remove from the oven and allow to cool a further 30 minutes, then transfer to the fridge to chill for at least 3 hours.
14. Remove from the tin and transfer to a serving plate.
15. Top with a scatter of pomegranate seeds & dust with a sprinkling of icing sugar.
ROASTED ENVY™ APPLE MACARONI AND CHEESE
1 Envy™ Apple, peeled and diced
4 tablespoons Butter
1 lb Macaroni Noodles
2 Cups Heavy Cream
2 Cups Milk
4 tablespoons Flour
3 Cups Grated Sharp Cheddar
1 Cup Grated Romano
1 Cup Grated Gruyere Cheese
1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
1 teaspoon Worcestershire
For the Topping:
2 tablespoons Butter, melted
1 Cup Panko Breadcrumb
1. Bring a large pot of salted water (should taste like the ocean) to a boil. Add noodles and cook until just tender. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large pot, melt 4 tablespoons butter over high heat and then sauté the diced apple until caramelized and tender.
3. Sprinkle in flour over top of apples and stir. Cook for another minute, stirring frequently.
4. Whisk in the heavy cream and milk and bring to a boil, whisking frequently so the milk doesn’t burn on the bottom.
5. Once brought to a boil, turn down the heat to low and whisk in the cheese, salt, and Worcestershire. Continue to whisk until all of the cheese is melted thoroughly.
6. Carefully pour mixture into a large blender (can do in batches if your blender isn’t large enough) and blend on high until smooth.
7. Pour cheese sauce over top of noodles and stir. NOTE: depending on how saucy you like your mac and cheese, you may want to use about ¾ of the sauce at first, let it absorb, and then add more sauce if you like it extra cheesy.
8. Pour mac and cheese into a 9×13 pan or your desired serving dish (that is oven proof) and spread evenly.
9. In a medium bowl, melt 2 tablespoons butter and stir in panko bread crumbs.
10. Sprinkle bread crumbs over top of mac and cheese and broil until golden brown. Be careful not to burn!
ENVY™ APPLE STUFFING BALLS WITH ROSEMARY GRAVY
2 Cups diced Envy™ Apples
1 Box of stovetop stuffing
½ Onion, small diced
2 tablespoons Butter
For the Gravy:
3 tablespoons Butter
3 tablespoons Flour
2 Cups Beef Broth
2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
1 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
20 turns Fresh Cracked Pepper
1 tablespoon Finely Chopped Rosemary
1. Cook the box of stuffing according to directions, set aside and allow to cool slightly.
2. In a large sauté pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter and sauté the diced onion and apples until tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. Stir together the stuffing and apple mixture. Spread stuffing onto a sheet tray and allow to cool in refrigerator.
4. After cooling, form the stuffing into medium sized balls and place onto a sheet tray lined with parchment paper.
5. Broil the balls until golden brown and slightly crispy.
6. In a small pot, melt butter and whisk in the flour. Cook the flour for 1 minute, whisking frequently.
7. Whisk in beef broth, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a boil, whisking frequently. Remove from heat and stir in the rosemary (if desired, you can continue to gently simmer the gravy to make thicker).
8. Arrange stuffing balls in a serving dish and drizzle with gravy. Serve while hot.
BAKED ENVY™ APPLES WITH NUTELLA & CRUMBLE TOPPING
6 Envy™ Apples
¾ Cup Dark Chocolate Chopped
½ Cup Chopped Roasted Hazelnuts
1 Cup Instant / Rolled Oats
½ Cup Dried Coconut
2 tablespoons Flour
1/3 Cup Butter
2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
Maple Syrup or Honey to serve
1. Chop the chocolate finely and combine with the chopped hazelnuts.
2. Core the Envy™ apples and then score the skin around the apple a few times and cut a small slice from the top and bottom – this will make the apple more stable and give room for the crumble topping.
3. Arrange the Envy™ apple slices in a lined baking dish.
4. Fill the center of each apple generously with the chocolate & nut mixture (reserve about 2 tablespoons for the topping).
5. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
6. Combine the oats, coconut, flour, butter and brown sugar and mix well.
7. Top each apple generously with the crumble mixture creating a little mound on top of each, sprinkle with reserved chocolate nut mix.
8. Bake the apples for 20-25 minutes or until the crumble is golden and the apples just starting to soften.
9. Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup or honey.