- 1 box or bag of sugar cookie mix (or two smaller size)
- butter and egg according to mix directions
- (2) 14-ounce bags of caramels
- ⅓ cup whipping cream
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ - 1 cup chopped pecans, or use whole
On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me . . . luscious little tarts filled with chocolate, caramel and pecans! If you make these with your kids, let them open the caramels. The anticipation will be part of the fun!
Divide out your dough into the individual mini-muffin tins before shaping them, and you'll be sure to use the right amount of dough to use it all up. Also, between bakings, use a melon baller to help form the cup shape after the first eight minutes of baking--it will save your fingers getting burned and give you a perfect shape!
· Prep Time: 20 minutes
· Cook Time: 10 minutes
· Serves: 36
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Lightly spray or grease mini-muffin pan.
3. Make dough as directed, using butter and egg.
4. Divide and press into muffin cups, covering the bottom and sides.
5. Bake for eight minutes and remove from oven.
6. While still hot, gently press to form a cup.
7. Return to oven and bake an additional two minutes or until lightly brown.
8. Remove from oven.
9. While still warm, put about 4-6 chocolate chips into each cup.
10. In saucepan or microwave safe container, heat caramel and cream together until caramels melt. If using a microwave, heat in 30 second intervals and stir in between each.
11. Spoon caramel mixture into each cup, filling almost to the top.
12. Sprinkle or place pecans on top and let cool before removing from the muffin tin.