- 2 pieces flatbread or naan bread
- As needed, olive oil
- As needed, prepared Alfredo sauce
- As needed, fresh sage leaves
- As needed, butternut squash, peeled, roasted, 2-inch slices, seasoned with salt and pepper
- As needed, shaved Parmesan cheese
- As needed, crumbled blue cheese
This appetizer pizza pairs the flavors of roasted butternut squash and fresh sage with creamy-rich Alfredo sauce, shaved Parmesan cheese and melting bits of crumbled blue cheese-baked golden and delicious on artisan flatbread. For this easy-to-assemble pizza, add toppings as needed, based on the size of flatbread you are using in recipe. For added convenience, alternate whole butternut squash with refrigerated diced butternut squash.
· Prep Time: 10 minutes
· Cook Time: 5 minutes
· Serves: 12
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Brush each flatbread lightly with olive oil.
3. Spoon Alfredo sauce lightly over each flatbread. Arrange sage leaves and roasted butternut squash pieces on each flatbread. Top with shaved Parmesan cheese.
4. Bake uncovered until bubbly and golden.
5. Remove from oven; immediately top with crumbled blue cheese.
6. Serve cut into random sized pieces.