Refrigerator Pickled Green Beans are the perfect antidote to a rich ham dinner. These crunchy pickled green beans add a craveable tangy-sweet flavor note to dinner. This recipe makes two pints, which is enough for a crowd or several small gatherings. This basic pickle recipe also works great for other veggies such as cauliflower, carrots or peppers.
Prep Time: 24 hours
Cook Time: 5 minutes
1. In a small noncorrosive saucepan, combine cider vinegar, white wine vinegar, water, sugar, garlic, salt, pepper, mustard seeds and dill sprigs.
2. Heat over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, and mixture is just coming to a boil.
3. Remove from heat and cool.
4. Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil; add green beans and heat for 30 seconds.
5. Drain off hot water and plunge blanched green beans into ice water to stop cooking process. Drain.
6. Arrange blanched green beans in 2 pint-size canning jars; add pickling liquid to each jar, cover and refrigerate for 24 hours before using.