- 12-14 cups stale bread crumbs
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 ½ cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery, with leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- Chicken broth
Mrs. Cratchit probably used a recipe similar to this to serve husband Bob, Tiny Tim and the rest of the family when she stuffed the Christmas goose. It’s a classic, traditional recipe for a reason—because it’s good!
· Prep Time: 20 minutes
· Cook Time: 45 minutes
· Serves: 6
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Melt butter in frying pan.
3. Add onion and celery and cook until softened but not browned.
4. Combine butter mixture with breadcrumbs and seasonings.
5. For a moist dressing, add chicken broth as desired.
6. Place in a 9x13 pan and bake for 45 minutes or until warmed through.