- 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter, plus more for greasing baking sheets
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 ½ cups roughly chopped pecans
Oatmeal Pecan Cookies make a great cookie to put out for your guests at the holidays–or any time! These keep well in a cookie jar or covered container.
· Prep Time: 15 minutes
· Cook Time: 9 minutes
· Serves: 12
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Lightly grease two large baking sheets or line them with parchment paper.
3. Cream the butter with the sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer until well blended and fluffy. Add the vanilla, milk, and eggs and mix just until well blended.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to the egg mixture and mix well.
5. Stir in the oatmeal and pecans.
6. Spoon the batter out by teaspoonfuls onto the cookie sheets, in several batches if necessary.
7. Bake until the cookies are lightly browned, about 9 minutes.
8. Cool the cookies on racks.