- 3 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon almond
- 1 cup pecans
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup almonds
- 1 cup red and green candied cherries, chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped candied pineapple or orange
- 1 cup golden raisins
Are you a fruitcake lover but want it in small doses? These Fruitcake Drop Cookies are perfect to give you the best of the flavors in an easy-to-make traditional cookie. You can use regular raisins, add chopped dates, or mix up your candied fruits with whatever you like--this recipe is flexible when it comes to the add-ins.
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Sift together first four ingredients.
3. Cream butter and sugar.
4. Add eggs, then sifted flour mixture.
5. Add milk until dough is soft.
6. Add flavorings.
7. Add rest until thoroughly mixed.
8. Drop onto sheet. Bake until bottoms are lightly browned, usually 25 minutes.