- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee (we used Nescafe Instant Dark Roast)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups raspberry chocolate chips (or plain chocolate chips)
- ½ cup dried blueberries (or dark raisins)
What’s going to be in your stocking? If it’s like our fun Christmas stocking cookie jar, it just might be coal! However, that doesn’t necessarily mean you’ve been bad this year—it just means you get to eat a delicious lump of chocolate that you can customize to your own tastes. Warning: this recipe will make your house smell like Christmas!
· Prep Time: 20 minutes
· Cook Time: 12 minutes
· Serves: 36
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cream butter, brown sugar, baking powder, instant coffee, and salt, and vanilla.
3. Add eggs and mix together.
4. Add mocha powder and flour and mix until batter is a heavy dough-like consistency.
5. Add chocolate chips and dried fruit.
6. Drop cookies onto parchment paper on a cookie sheet, allowing rough edges. If you prefer, you can roll them into balls.
7. Bake 12 minutes.
8. Immediately upon removing them from the oven, take two butter knives and quickly shape each cookie into a lump of coal, flattening the top and pushing the sides together so the shape is rough.