12 Days 'Til Christmas Recipes
- 4 ounces (1 stick) butter, unsalted
- 2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 2½ cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 6 tablespoons bourbon
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 cups toasted pecan halves (kept separate)
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 6 ounces hot chocolate mix
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
Two homemade dessert sauces and an ice cream scoop make an excellent gift basket idea for the busy holiday season. Add vanilla ice cream and dessert is done! It’s also fun, homemade gift the whole family will enjoy. Warm butterscotch with a kick of bourbon and sprinkling of toasted pecans over a scoop of vanilla ice cream will excite the adults, while the kids save room for a signature Hot Chocolate Fudge sundae.
Include serving instructions with basket: Rewarm sauces over medium-low heat until just heated through. Stir toasted pecans into sauce just before serving. Spoon over vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 75 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serves: N/A
1. To prepare Bourbon Butter Pecan Sauce, melt butter in a heavy bottomed sauce pan over medium heat. Add dark brown sugar all at once; stir with wooden spoon until incorporated.
2. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring infrequently, until mixture changes from wet sand look into a smooth molten liquid sauce.
3. Add 1 ½ cups cream, lower heat to medium-low, and whisk until combined. Cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Transfer to glass bowl and cool to room temperature. Add bourbon and salt; stir until combined. Package as desired; refrigerate.
5. To prepare Hot Chocolate Fudge Sauce, bring 1 cup cream, corn syrup and hot chocolate mix to boil and simmer in a heavy bottomed sauce pan over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add chocolate chips and remove from heat; stir until melted and smooth.
6. Package as desired; refrigerate.
7. Bundle two dessert sauces, toasted pecans and an ice cream scoop in a holiday basket.