Winterfest 2016 Recipes
- 1-3 kabocha squash, quartered and seeds removed (TIP: Alternatively, replace with an equal weight of acorn squash. If using extra-small acron, halve them instead of quartering)
- 1 in. piece ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetables of chicken broth, divided
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk, plus addional finishing (TRY: Native Forest Organic Unsweetened Coconut Milk Classic)
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 limes, cut into thirds
- Handful fresh mint leaves
- 2 red chiles, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large roasting pan, place squash cut side up. Divide ginger slices evenly among squash cavities. Arrange onion around squash. Pour 2 cups broth in the pan, and cover tightly with foil. Bake 1 hour, 30 min until squash is very tender.
2. Set vegetables aside until cool enough to handle. Stoop squash flesh from skins and transfer to a large pot; discard skins. To pot, add onions and if desired ginger slices for a stronger flavor.
3. Add remaining 2 cups broth, milk, curry paste and salt. Stir and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 min. With an immersion blender or upright blender, puree until smooth.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page