Abigail's Recipes - Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
- 2 cups All-Purpose unbleached Flour, extra for dusting
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 6 oz. Butter, cold and sliced evenly
- 5/8 cup Buttermilk, cold + 2 Tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processer, add all dry ingredients. Pulse five times for 2 seconds. Add the cold and sliced butter all at once. Pulse until mixture looks mealy for about 30 seconds.
- Slowly add buttermilk as you mix the ingredients. Stop as soon as the dough starts to come together.
- Turn the dough over to a flour-dusted table. Lightly knead the biscuit dough and form to an even disc about 1” thick. Dip a 1.5” circle dough cutter in flour.
- Push down on the dough and twist the cutter as you take out the cutter from the dough. Repeat the cutting process.
- Any leftover dough can be reformed and cut until all dough is formed. **Note: Reformed dough will not rise evenly as the first round of biscuits.
- Place on sheet pan lined with parchment paper about 1” apart. Brush with buttermilk. Bake for 10 min.
- Rotate sheetpan. Bake for 12 mine more. Bottom of biscuit will be golden brown.
Recipe courtesy of Laura P. Ramirez
Abigail's Latest Recipes