Valentine's Day Recipes
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 3 cups Milk
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Arborio Rice
- ½ cup Sliced Almonds, toasted
- ½ teaspoon Almond Extract
- ½ cup Cold Milk
- 1 ¼ cup Cold Seltzer
- 2 tablespoons Cherry Syrup (from a jar of Maraschino Cherries)
- Optional: 1 ounce Maraschino Liqueur, or Amaretto Liqueur
Directions for Rice Pudding
1. Add butter to heavy-bottomed saucepan. Melt over medium heat.
2. Add brown sugar, stir to combine. Over medium-low heat, cook for 2-3 minutes. Sugar
should begin to bubble and melt.
3. Whisk in heavy cream, continue to cook for 2-3 minutes, until bubbling and slightly thicker.
4. Whisk in milk and salt.
5. Whisk in rice, stir to combine.
6. Bring just barely to a boil, then drop heat and let pot simmer for 35-40 minutes. Rice should
be tender and plump, cream should be thickened. Stir occasionally to avoid scorching on the
7. When pudding is done, turn off the heat and stir in almond extract and toasted almonds.
8. Serve warm, or chill in fridge.
Directions for Egg Cream
1. Add milk to wine glass.
2. Pour seltzer into glass while stirring vigorously, allowing a foamy head to form.
3. Pour syrup and liqueur (if using) into glass. Stir from the bottom, until just combined,
leaving the head white and foamy at the top.