Valentine's Day How-To's
ANTHURIUM & PHILODENDREN CARE TIPS
- Anthuriums and heart shaped Philodendrons are perfect for bright rooms, (but no direct sunlight) with temperatures in 70-90 degree range.
- Let the soil dry out before watering, don't overwater or roots will rot!
- In winter, place anthurium in cold room for 6 weeks so it can rest and store energy for more flower spikes the following year.
BLEEDING HEART AND CYCLAMEN CARE TIPS
- As a potted plant combination, Bleeding heart and Cyclamen should be watered when the soil feels slightly dry to the touch but do not allow to dry out!
- When spring arrives, plant the bleeding heart and cyclamen in a shady garden so that they can return and continue to grow year after year.
- Both plants will start to look yellow and dead during the heat of summer, but this is normal. They will become dormant during warm summer through winter and come back the following spring with new growth!
HOYA AND STRING OF HEARTS CARE TIPS
- Indoors, place in a very bright room but not direct sunshine
- Temperatures between 60-80 degrees indoors
- Water when soil dries in between watering