- 8 ounces uncooked bowtie pasta
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 ounces’ pancetta cubed
- 1 cup red onion finely chopped
- 10 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into half rounds
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into half rounds
- 20 thin stemmed asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1⁄2 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 3 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup basil, chiffonade into ribbons
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- 3 ounces freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1) Cook pasta al dente according to package.
2) Drizzle drained pasta with 1 tablespoon olive oil to avoid sticking and set aside.
3) Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat.
4) Add pancetta and cook for 2-3 minutes.
5) With a slotted spoon remove pancetta from pan.
6) Add 2 more tablespoons olive oil to the pan. Add the onion, garlic and crushed pepper; sauté for 4 minutes.
7) Add the zucchini, yellow squash, asparagus, salt, pepper and sauté for 3 minutes.
8) Add the tomatoes and sugar and cook for another 3 minutes.
9) Stir in the pancetta and basil ribbons to the sauce and combine well.
10) Serve over bowtie pasta and top with grated parmesan cheese.
11) Garnish with chopped basil and pair with toasted garlic bread.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page