Spring Fever Recipes
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch salt
- 1 baguette, cut into 1-inch chunks (about 7 cups)
- 6 dried figs, soaked in hot water for at least 15 minutes, thinly sliced*
- Handful roasted unsalted cashew nuts, whole or chopped
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter and pour into a 9 by 13-inch baking dish. Use a pastry brush to make sure the dish is well coated.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together, then add the coconut milk, the whole milk, the spices and a pinch of salt. Add bread and figs and toss. Let soak for 15 minutes.
3. Pour the mixture into the prepped baking dish and sprinkle with the cashews. Dot the top with the remaining butter and bake until a little jiggly and the pudding pulls away from the sides of the dish, about 35 minutes.
4. Remove the pudding from the oven let cool and set for 15-20 minutes. Serve with ice cream.
Active time: 15 minutes
Inactive time: 1 hour