Spring Fever Recipes
- 1 C Coconut oil, melted, plus more for greasing pans
- 1 C Coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 C pure maple syrup
- 8 large eggs
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1 C Coconut Whipped Cream (recipe below)
- 1 ½ C Berry Jam Filling using raspberries (recipe below)
- 2 C fresh or frozen raspberries
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Two 13.5 oz cans full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
Directions for Cake
1. Preheat the oven to 350
2. Line three 6-inch cake pans or two 8-inch cake pans with parchment paper rounds then grease the sides of the pans with coconut oil
3. In a large bowl, whisk the coconut flour, baking soda and salt together. In a separate large bowl, combine the coconut oil, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla. A little at a time, add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring until a batter forms.
4. Divide the batter evenly among the prepared pans and bake for about 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Invert the cakes onto racks and allow to cool completely
5. Slice each cake round in half horizontally with a long serrated knife. Place one layer on a plate and top with 1 tabelspoon of jam, then 2 tablespoons of coconut whipped cream, smoothing each evenly over the entire surface. Add another cake layer, and repeat. Continue until all layers have been used and top the final layer with the remaining jam and coconut whipped cream. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Directions for Filling
1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the berries, maple syrup, and lemon juice. Cook, stirring and mashing the berries, for 8-10 minutes, until the juices have been released and thickened. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the jam to cool.
2. Transfer the jam to a glass jar. Refrigerate until ready to use, for up to 5 days.
Directions for Whipped Cream
1. Remove the solid coconut cream that has risen to the top of the can and spoon it into a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Beat the coconut cream on high until it begins to thicken and peaks form. The remaining coconut water can be added, a teaspoon at a time, if the whipped cream is too thick. Otherwise, discard it.
2. Using a rubber spatula, slowly fold in the maple syrup and vanilla. Transfer the whipped cream to a metal or glass bowl, cover, and refrigerate until ready to use.