Buca Di Beppo Tiramisu With Chef Emily Bishop
18 ladyfingers 5"
8 tsp instant espresso
3 cups boiling water
2 tbsp hazelnut syrup
Mascarpone cheese mixture:
1 lb or 2 cups mascarpone cheese
¾ cup powdered sugar
3 tbsp hazelnut syrup
1 tbsp cocoa powder
(Do this the day before it is to be served.)
1. Make the instant espresso and cool completely.
2. Add the hazelnut syrup to the espresso.
3. Mix the mascarpone cheese with the powdered sugar and hazelnut syrup until the ingredients are completely incorporated.
4. Use a round pie tin 6-7" in diameter and 1½ to 2" deep.
5. Check the size of the ladyfingers; trim them to fit in the bowl if needed.
6. Soak 6 ladyfingers in the espresso marinade for 3 seconds and place them in the bowl.
7. Top ladyfingers by spreading approximately ⅓ of the mascarpone cheese mix over the top.
8. Repeat 2 more times alternating the ladyfingers so they are facing the opposite direction of the previous layer. (End result: 3 soaked layers of ladyfingers with 3 layers of the mascarpone cheese. The last layer should be the cheese mixture.)
9. Wrap tightly in plastic and store in the refrigerator overnight.
1. Leave the tiramisu in the refrigerator until it is to be served.
2. Cover with the cocoa powder before serving.
Return to episode guide >>