Buca Di Beppo's Stuffed Mushrooms
6 each Mushrooms, 2½"
2 Tbsp. Breadcrumbs
¼ cup Alfredo Sauce
1 Tbsp. Pesto
1½ Tbsp. Half & Half
⅛ cup Prosciutto
2 oz. Cream Cheese
1 oz. Provolone Cheese, shredded
½ tsp. Sage, chopped
Pinch Rosemary, chopped
1. Carefully remove the stems from the mushrooms.
2. Blanch mushrooms in boiling water for 2 minutes.
3. Remove from boiling water and place in an ice bath until cool. Remove from ice bath and place cavity side down on a rack to drain. (Allow to drain for at least an hour before use.)
4. Dice prosciutto into ¼" pieces.
5. In a mixer, mix prosciutto, cream cheese, provolone, sage, rosemary, and pepper until well incorporated.
6. Stuff each mushroom with the prosciutto mixture.
7. Place mushrooms on a plate, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave for 2 minutes.
8. Remove plastic wrap and sprinkle breadcrumbs over top of mushrooms.
9. Transfer mushrooms to an oven safe dish and back at 400° F, approximately 4-5 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden brown.
10. Meanwhile, combine Alfredo sauce, pesto, half & half, salt, and pepper in a sauce pan.
11. Heat on medium-high until sauce begins to reduce.
12. Pour sauce on serving plate and place mushrooms in a circle around plate.
To find a Buca di Beppo restaurant in your neighborhood, go to www.bucadibeppo.com.
Return to episode guide >>