Buca di Beppo's Chicken Saltimbocca
3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
Chicken Breasts, boneless 5 each
⅛ tsp. Kosher Salt
3 tsp. Sage, ground
5 slices Prosciutto, sliced thin
½ cup All Purpose Flour
1 can Artichokes, quartered & drained
½ cup Lemon Butter Sauce
2 Tbsp. Capers, drained
Lemon Wedge 2 each
Lemon Butter Sauce:
¾ cup Butter, softened
½ cup White Wine
½ cup Fresh Lemon Juice
¼ cup Whipping Cream
1. Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
2. Lay chicken breasts skin-side down on a piece of plastic wrap.
3. Lightly salt one side of the chicken.
4. Sprinkle sage evenly over chicken.
5. Lay one piece of prosciutto over each breast.
6. Cover the chicken with plastic wrap.
7. Lightly pound the chicken with the fine side of a meat tenderizer until the prosciutto adheres to the chicken. Set aside.
8. Heat oil in a large sauté pan.
9. Lightly flour chicken and place in heated pan, prosciutto-side down. Cook until prosciutto is lightly browned.
10. Turn chicken over and lightly brown other side.
11. Transfer chicken to an oven-safe pan. Add artichokes and place in oven. Bake in oven 8 – 10 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
12. While chicken is baking, heat white wine and lemon juice in a sauté pan over medium heat. Cook until mixture reduces by one-fourth.
13. Add cream and continue to cook until mixture begins to thicken. Reduce heat to low.
14. Slowly add butter using a rubber spatula. Mix constantly until butter has been incorporated into the sauce. Remove from heat.
15. Remove chicken and artichokes from oven and transfer to a serving platter.
16. Sprinkle capers over chicken.
17. Pour Lemon Butter Sauce over chicken and garnish with lemon wedges.
Return to episode guide >>