Tortilla Chip Stuffing Recipe
One large bag of tortilla chips (about 13 ounces)
1 cup finely chopped onion
¾ – 1 cup finely chopped celery
4 cups (32 ounces) chicken broth
2 tsp sage (can use poultry seasoning)
Additional ingredients if desired, like mushrooms, chestnuts, etc.
1. Pour tortilla chips into a large bowl. (Do not break tortilla chips into smaller pieces. Once softened, the tortilla chips will naturally break into smaller pieces.)
2. Pour chicken broth over tortilla chips. Stir so that all tortilla chips are covered or moistened by broth. Let “soak” for 30 minutes.
3. Stir in onion, celery, seasonings, and any optional ingredients.
4. Pour into lightly greased 9 x 13 dish.
5. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Finish under broiler, if necessary.
Return to episode guide >>