Jackee's Sweet Potato Pie
1 and 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of fresh nutmeg
3 large organic eggs
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
6 medium-sized sweet potatoes
1/2 cup of coconut oil
1 cup of evaporated milk or light cream
1 deep dish graham cracker pie crust
1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
2. Boil sweet potatoes with skin on
3. Peel sweet potatoes, transfer to a bowl. Add all ingredients and blend with a hand mixer until all ingredients are fully incorporated and consistency is smooth and fluffy.
4. Pour filling into pie crust & bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
5. Knife should come out clean when stuck in the center of the pie; indicating the pie is done.
Return to episode guide >>