Honey Roasted Lamb
Prep Time: 55 Minutes
3 tsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. unsalted butter
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
¼ cup dry red wine
⅓ cup aged Balsamic vinegar
3 tsp. honey
3 tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 ½ teaspoons minced fresh mint
1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
½ tsp. paprika
½ tsp. pepper
Small pinch of red pepper flakes
1 garlic clove, minced
4 (1 inch thick) bone in lamb loin chops
Fresh mint to garnish
1. In a large reseal-able plastic bag, combine the wine, Balsamic vinegar, honey, soy sauce, mint, basil, paprika, black pepper, red pepper flakes and garlic; add the lamb chops. Seal bag and turn to coat.
2. Marinate in refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight.
3. Drain and discard marinade.
4. Heat Olive Oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place lamb chops in the skillet, and cook for about 3 ½ minutes per side for medium rare, or continue to cook if you prefer them a little more well done, personally I think lamb tastes best when prepared medium-rare.
5. Remove from the skillet, and keep warm on a serving platter.
6. Add shallots to the skillet, and cook for a few minutes, just until browned.
7. Stir in vinegar, scraping any bits of lamb from the bottom of the skillet, then stir in the low sodium free range chicken broth.
8. Continue to cook, stirring over medium-high heat for approximately 5 minutes, until the sauce has reduced by half.
9. Remove from heat, and stir in butter. Pour sauce over the lamb chops and serve.
To buy Sean's book, "The Modern Gentleman," visit his site www.seankananthemoderngentleman.com.
Return to episode guide >>