Let’s Make Whoopee! Pie
Whoopee! Pie Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
¾ cup milk
½ cup unsweetened cocoa
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1 jar (7 ½ ounces) Marshmallow Fluff
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease two large cookie sheets with butter.
3. Prepare Whoopee Dough: In large bowl mix all dough ingredients until smooth.
4. Drop dough by heaping tablespoons, 2 inches apart, on each prepared cookie sheet.
5. Bake 12 to 14 minutes, rotating sheets between upper and lower racks halfway through baking, until puffy and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool.
6. To make filling, cream together butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
7. Add Marshmallow Fluff and vanilla and mix until well combined.
8. Spread heaping tablespoons of filling on the flat side of 12 cookies. Top with remaining cookies.
9. Use remaining filling to pipe letters or words.
Return to episode guide >>