Quick And Easy Microwave Pralines
16 ounces (1 pound) golden brown sugar
1-cup heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1-teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1. Place the brown sugar and salt in a large glass bowl. Stir in the cream.
2. Place in the microwave and cook for 6 minutes on high heat.
3. Stir, then heat on high until mixture cooks to the softball stage, 234 degrees on a candy thermometer, about 7 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or greased wax paper; set aside.
5. Carefully remove the hot mixture from the microwave. Stir in the butter and vanilla and stir constantly for 3 minutes.
6. Stir in the nuts and mix 2 minutes.
7. Quickly transfer the praline mixture by tablespoon to the prepared pans, pressing the spoonful's down slightly, to make rustic pralines.
8. Cool completely on the pans, about 10 minutes.
9. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Get more recipes and info from Chef Jamie Gwen here: www.chefjamie.com/index.php.
Return to episode guide >>