Stacey Winkler's Kugel, presented by Marlee Matlin
1 ½ (2 oz) packages of egg noodles (gluten-free for Passover)
1 ¼ cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 (16 oz) container sour cream
8 oz of cream cheese
1 ½ tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon
½ cup brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Take a 9x13 inch glass baking pan and butter the pan with ¼ cup butter putting aside remaining cup.
3. In a separate bowl, combine 1 cup of butter, eggs, sugar, sour cream, cream cheese, vanilla, and 1 ½ tsp cinnamon. Mix thoroughly.
4. In the buttered baking dish, place the cooked, rinsed, and drained egg noodles, spreading evenly.
5. Take the egg, butter, and cheese mixture and pour evenly over the noodles.
6. Cover the dish with foil and place in preheated oven for 50 minutes.
7. After 50 minutes remove kugel and sprinkle with brown sugar. Place back into oven, uncovered for 7 minutes until sugar has carmelized golden brown.
8. Remove from oven and let cool and set.
Return to episode guide >>