Joey Lawrence's Gingerbread Men Cookies
Makes about 2 1⁄2 dozen cookies
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1 Tbsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. ground cinnamon 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened 1/2 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 cup original molasses
Variety of Icing
Red hot cinnamon candies
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg, then molasses.
3. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture.
4. Divide dough into 2 halves. Wrap; chill 2 hours.
6. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. On a well-floured surface, roll half of dough to 1/8-inch thickness.
7. Cut shapes with assorted-sized gingerbread cookie cutters; transfer to ungreased baking sheets.
8. Reroll scraps; cut. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
9. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 13 minutes.
10. Transfer cookies to racks to cool.
11. Decorate with Icing and cinnamon candies.
Return to episode guide >>