Bailee's Creme Brulee French Toast
3/4 c. unsalted butter
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
3 tbsp. light corn syrup
1 1/2 c. whipping cream
1tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt
1. In a small heavy saucepan melt the butter with brown sugar and corn syrup on moderate heat, stirring, until smooth and poor into a 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish.
2. Cut the baguette into 1-inch slices from the center of bread at a slight angle and arrange in baking dish. With each slice touching.
3. Whisk together eggs, whipping cream, vanilla extract, salt and pour evenly over bread.
4. Chill bread mixture, covered, for at least 8 hours or up to one day.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bring bread to room temperature.
6. Bake 35-40 minutes, until puffed and golden.
Return to episode guide >>