Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe:
(2) 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened (bring to room temp before working with it - makes for smooth frosting)
1/2 cup real unsalted butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
1 tsp Bourbon Vanilla
1 tsp fresh lemon zest
1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1. In medium bowl, combine cream cheese and butter with mixer on low speed.
2. Add in vanilla, lemon zest, lemon juice and continue to mix.
3. In equal parts, gradually stir in powdered sugar making sure to scrape down the sides between adding.
4. For stiffer frosting with good piquing, refrigerate for 15 mins in refrigerator before dropping frosting in to a pastry bag for piping.
Return to episode guide >>