Stuart O'Keeffe's Corned Beef & Cabbage and Festive Shake
Corned Beef and Cabbage
2 tablespoons canola oil
6 slices bacon
2 onions, chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups beef broth
3 bay leaves
3 cups water
2 teaspoons pepper
12 Yukon gold potatoes, quartered
1 green cabbage, cut into eights
12 (1/2" thick) slices corned beef (from deli or butcher)
Directions - Corned Beef and Cabbage
1. In a large heavy dutch oven on the stovetop, heat canola oil until hot and cook bacon until crispy. drain on paper towel, roughly chop. Set aside.
2. To the drippings in the pan, add the onion and garlic and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Add beef broth, bay leaves and water and bring to a boil.
4. Now add the potatoes to the pot, simmer for 5 minutes. Add cabbage and cook for 5 minutes longer. Now add the sliced corned beef and let simmer for a further 10 minutes.
5. Using a slotted spoon, remove potatoes and cabbage and place in the center of a bowl type plate.
6. Place 2 slices of corned beef on top, sprinkle with bacon pieces, some chopped parsley and a dollop of grainy mustard on the side.
Festive Patty Shake
1 Cup O'doul's non-alcoholic beer
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
6 Scoops Vanilla Ice Cream (use a premium ice cream)
2 Scoops Chocolate Ice Cream
1/4 Cup Whole Milk
For The Topping
1 Square of Dark Chocolate
Directions - Shake
1. Place all ingredients in a blender (except for the topping ingredients) and blitz until all ingredients are well combined.
2. Pour mixture into tall glasses, top with whipped cream and grate some chocolate shavings on top!
Get more from Stuart at http://stuartokeeffe.com/
Return to episode guide >>