Carnie Wilson's Chicken Larbito
3 lbs. Ground white meat chicken
1 small red onion halved, then thinly sliced
1/4 cup sliced scallions (most white parts)
2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
1 tbsp fresh finely chopped mint
2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
1 teaspoon lemongrass paste ( tube)
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon ( or more) premium fish sauce
Juice of 3 limes
1 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (or sea salt - but nothing beats the pink!!!)
1/4 cup water or chicken stock
Lettuce cups washed and ready to go
1. Heat a large skillet and add chicken
Return to episode guide >>
2. Stir, breaking up the chicken into as little pieces as possible as it cooks.
3. Add the red and green onions and continue to cook and break up the chicken for another 2 minutes.
4. Add the ginger, cilantro, mint, fish sauce, lemongrass paste, red pepper flakes, lime juice and water.
5. Stir and cook for another 3 minutes.
6. Taste for seasoning.
7. Add the desired Pink Himalayan salt and black pepper if you wish.
8. Enjoy on lettuce wraps!!!