Antipasto Chopped Salad
2 ¼ cups vinegar, red wine vinegar
3 pints, oil blend
2 ½ tablespoons salt
½ tablespoon, pepper, ground
1 ¼ tablespoon mustard dry
2 tablespoons oregano dry
2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
½ lb red onions, cut, diced
1. Measure the vinegar and oil and place into pourable containers.
2. Add the salt, pepper, mustard dry, oregano dry, garlic and red onions.
3. Mix until thoroughly incorporated
2- 10 oz bags lettuce
1 1/3 cup pepperoni, ½ diced
¼ cup onions, red, cut ½ dice
½ cup cheese, provolone, ½ dice
1 cup tomatoes. Roma, diced
1 cup cucumbers, half moons, cut in 1/3rds
½ cup cheese, gorgonzola, crumbled
½ cup cheese, feta, crumbled
2 tablespoon, pepperoncini cut, half rings
1 tsp oregano
1. Slice the pepperonis so that 4 slices equals 1 ounce.
2. Dice the pepperoni into ½ inch squares
3. Cut the half moon cucumbers into 1/3 pieces
4. Cut the pepperoncini’s into ¼ inch rings and then cut the rings in half
5. Dice the onions, provolone, and tomatoes to ½ inch
6. Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl, except 1/2 the tomatoes, the whole pepperoncini, olives and dressing and toss.
7. Add the dressing and toss until fully incorporated.
8. Mound the salad mixture on a chilled plate, getting as much height as possible.
9. Place remaining tomatoes around the outside of the salad.
10. Garnish with whole pepperoncini and olives and serve!
Return to episode guide >>