Stacy Nelson's St. Patrick's Day Party Ideas
1. Don’t buy a lot of specialty items you will only use once.
2. Scout your house for anything you have in green and any neutral color like white, tan or gray and start with that.
3. Invest in a few green accents to ignite your style.
4. Never buy for just one occasion. Always have at least two uses in mind.
5. Choose accessories in green hues that will carry into Spring & Summer. (ex. Lime, Spring bud, and Celadon are great choices for the season.) Green does not need to be Kelly green to communicate St. Patrick’s Day.
6. Budget for new green accessories is $9.00.
TABLE DECORATION CENTERPIECES
1. Use natural wonders as table decorations. Pull plants from the garden or use green food to make beautiful designs. Ex. Green grapes, apples, or slice limes and put them in a vase. Cabbage is also a great centerpiece.
2. Use what you have and accent with what’s on sale at the grocery store this week.
3. Budget for centerpieces is $6.25.
GAMES & DECOR
1. Now that you have a base use what you already have to add Irish Flair. A back yard game of horse shoes as lucky party decorations. A witch’s kettle from Halloween and fill it with chocolate coin candies.
2. You can also use mult-colored ribbon to run across the table to make a rainbow.
PLATTER OF ROLL-UPS & GREEN MAC & CHEESE
1. Typical Irish fare of beef stew or corn beef and cabbage isn’t always a hit with little ones.
2. Instead of using these go for fun green yummy treats like wraps or burritos using green tortillas. You can also add green food coloring to boiling water when you make Mac & Cheese, or to Alfredo Sauce and make green pizza. This is affordable and the kids love it!
3. Price for a platter of roll-ups and green Mac & Cheese is only $9.75.
GREEN ICED TEA & KOOL AID
1. There are many choices for Green drinks, Kool-Aid, sports drinks, or a pitcher of tart, tangy limeade. For a healthy choice, try green iced tea.
2. Add some sprigs of mint for a boost of color and flavor or give it a citrus kick with a wedge of lime.
LIMEY LEPRECHAUN JELLO
1. There are many green desserts, key lime pie, mint chip ice cream, and pistachio pudding. A cheap alternative is green Jell-O. It’s fast and inexpensive to make.
2. To kick-up the party fun there are also many websites with free party game ideas.
3. So with the table, the decorations, the favors, the food and the drinks the grand total for this St. Patrick’s Day is …$39.25!
Get more from Stacy Nelson at trashlassies.com
Return to episode guide >>