Shopping Vacations with Laura McKenzie
1. Istanbul’s grand bazaar has over 4,000 shops featuring carpets, spices, brass, jewelry, carved & inlaid wood, leather and cotton.
1. In Saigon, Dong Khoi street is the place to shop for high fashion, designer items.
2. Ben Thanh market is conveniently located downtown Ho Chi Minh City.
3. Ben Tay market has the best prices; it's a wholesale Chinese market for local handcrafts, branded good, Vietnamese art.
1. Friendship store is the Wal-mart of China.
2. Silk market is where you can find electronics, bags, belts, shoes, designer copies.
3. Pearl market is the same as Silk market plus pearls.
1. Siam Center – re-designed ultra-hip mall for international fashion and cutting edge trendy Thai designers.
2. Weekend Market – Friday night, Saturday and Sunday for clothes, shoes, souvenirs, handicrafts, collectibles.
3. Chang Mai – handicrafts
4. Night Bazaar for souvenirs, designer knock-offs, jewelry, gifts, clothing, shoes.
5. Baan Tawaii village for woodcrafts, antique reproductions, home furnishings, teak carvings.
6. Bo San – Umbrella village.
1. Marché aux Puces St-Quen de Clignancourt is the biggest flea market in Paris with around 3000 stalls and merchants.
2. Designer outlets and consignment & resale stores feature gently used designer clothes, bags and shoes.
3. Department stores like Printemps & Gallerie Lafayette give non EU residents a 10% discount card.
4. Best sales are in January and July.
1. Fifth Avenue has the highest prices – sales are best in January and July.
2. SoHo – younger trendy shops.
3. Lower east side – Orchard Street for hipsters.
4. Chinatown – Canal Street for knockoffs, electronics, bags, belts.
5. Weekend flea markets near 6th & west 26th.
6. Sample sales – find in “Time Out New York."
Find out about Laura's show on Hallmark Channel, "Laura McKenzie's Traveler."
Follow Laura's global adventures on "Laura McKenzie's Traveler" on Hallmark Channel!
Return to episode guide >>