Dr. Ramani's Signs of a Shopping Addiction
- Unpaid credit card bills.
- Accumulating things in your home.
- Shopping in secret to hide it from friends and family.
- Relationships start to suffer.
- Borrowing money or pawning/selling heirlooms or other keepsakes.
- Filing for bankruptcy.
Reasons for developing a shopping addiction:
- Unfulfilled in a job or career; a feeling that you are not doing what you see meant to do so you try to fulfill yourself by shopping for things.
- Making up for not having money or things growing up.
- Recreating memories or feelings of good times spent shopping with a loved one growing up.
You can watch more with Dr. Ramani on the Oxygen series, "My Shopping Addiction
Return to episode guide >>