Keeping Your Kids Safe with Cell Phone Apps
To find out how YOU can win the Net Nanny software discussed in today's episode, visit Jennifer Jolly's website at jenniferjolly.com.
MAMA BEAR - www.mamabearpp.com.
Shows where your kids are. See your kids on a map, and get alerted if they leave school early or go somewhere off limits.
What they're saying. Learn when your kids make new friends on Facebook, and get alerted to bad language or signs of bullying.
Who they're with. Discover when your kids get tagged in a photo or check-in with friends at a location.
When they're speeding. Find out when your kids drive faster than you want them to.
How it works- parent's and kids download the app. Kids can check-in to let parent's know they're ok, send a pick me up request or an SOS if they are in trouble.
HERO APP - www.apptooth.com/hero.
Endorsed by Elizabeth Smart
Instantly streams video, audio and GPS from your smartphone to all your friends, family, neighbors, AND even the people around you for up to 5 MILES away in just seconds!
If a suspicious character approaches you hit the hero button and your location, video and sound will be streamed to your friends immediately.
BULLY BLOCK - www.cyberbullyapp.com.
• Has a blacklist feature that allows users to block all sms or mms messages from bullies. When the bully calls after being blacklisted, her or she will either hear a busy signal or pre-recorded message. All phone calls and text message from blocked list are automatically routed to the bully file thereby preventing any communication with the bully and storing numbers as evidence.
• Instant Reporting- Bully Block allows the user to forward inappropriate texts, pics, or videos via text messaging or email. Teens can forward information to their parents or school officials in real time. Employees can forward information to their HR department.
• Bully Capture utilizes a stealth recorder to captures bullies within the act. When a bully approaches, the user pushes a button on the app and the cell phone will go into stealth mode and secretly record the bully. After the recording, the user can forward the audio as an email attachment or text message to the appropriate authorities. Additionally, Audio can be downloaded to the bully file to authenticate the bully's voice for legal evidence. The cyberbully incidents are logged on the user's SD card to be used as evidence for parents, school administrators, HR departments, and law enforcement. The evidence collected in the bully file will provide enough info for law enforcement to charge bullies with crimes.
PANTECH DISCOVER ANDROID SMARTPHONE
• Comes with texting and driving app that shuts texting off when the car is going more than 25 miles an hour.
NET NANNY - www.netnanny.com.
• Offers full suite of parental controls
Return to episode guide >>
• Filters web sites
• Masks profanity
• Protects kids from undesirable or inappropriate apps