Romantic meals for Valentine's Day with The Gourmet Travelista, Judith Jones
Breakfast In Bed
- Heart-shaped French toast with strawberries, bananas and Dulce de leche
- Yogurt parfaits with berries and Greek yogurt in wine glasses and bell jars
- Heart-shaped bacon
- Blood orange Bellinis with raspberries
- Coconut raspberry smoothies (non-alcoholic)
- Votive candles set in votive holders filled with pink/white/red nonpareils
- Heart-shaped doylies
- Handmade paper love notes on toothpicks stuck in the French toast.
- Baked Zucchini Flowers with Ricotta
- Mozzarella, Tomato & Basil Skewers
- Strawberry, Goats Cheese, Pine Nut Salad with Honey Balsamic Dressing
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus Spears
- Heart-shaped finger sandwiches
- Grapes, cheese, bottle of wine
- Chocolate covered strawberries
- Coming up Roses cocktail
- Rose champagne
- Cranberry sparklers (non-alcoholic)
- Picnic basket
- Baskets for food
- Carnation cones (ice cream sugar cones stuffed with red and pink carnations
- Cute photos fastened to the lid of the picnic basket
- Pistachio, Rose & Cacao crusted Pork Loin (the cacao makes the meal seem exotic but it’s just a simple mixture of cinnamon, all-spice and cocoa powder)
- Heart-shaped spiced carrots.
- Chocolate Lava Cake with Raspberry Filling
- Heart-shaped brownies with arrows
- Malbec (red wine)
- Non-alcoholic sparkling cider with pomegranate jam to turn the cider pink in the glass.
For more from Judith, including the recipes Judith discussed with Marie, visit her blog: www.gourmetravelista.com.
Return to episode guide >>